- Leafy Greens: Foods like spinach, kale, and Swiss chard are high in potassium, which helps your kidneys to excrete more sodium, thus lowering your blood pressure.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries are rich in natural compounds called flavonoids, which have been shown to reduce blood pressure.
- Oatmeal: High-fiber, low-sodium foods like oatmeal help reduce both your systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- Bananas: Another good source of potassium. Incorporating bananas into your diet can help lower blood pressure.
- Fish High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Examples include salmon, mackerel, and sardines. These fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to help lower blood pressure.
Reduce Sodium: Limit your sodium intake by avoiding processed and fast foods and using herbs and spices to flavor your food instead.
Increase Potassium: Potassium-rich foods help manage blood pressure. Incorporate bananas, oranges, potatoes, and tomatoes into your diet.
Remember, it’s important to maintain a balanced diet, stay physically active, and manage stress to help lower and maintain healthy blood pressure levels. Always consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice
Please call for immediate help during open hours. If you would like to schedule an appointment on-line, please schedule here: https://practice.kareo.com/accessipc :